Wednesday 28 May 2014

Petite Outfit Idea #8 Mint Heaven under £20 (Smart Casual/Date)

Boo!

I hope you've all been having a great week so far! Unfortunately I am still in exam mode :( Good luck to those still sitting exams as well:)

So a few weeks ago I blogged about a few summer dresses I picked up at fab prices (HERE) and I thought I'd show you how I styled the mint one! I am so in love with the colour as it's so refreshing and perfect for summer. I'm so obsessed that this outfit is ¾ mint... BUT like always, the pieces I am wearing are at bargain prices!! All the mint pieces excluding delivery came at just under £20! :)
Petite Outfit Ideas: Mint Outfit || Life as a Petite
Petite Outfit Ideas: Mint Outfit || Life as a PetitePetite Outfit Ideas: Mint Outfit || Life as a PetitePetite Outfit Ideas: Mint Outfit || Life as a Petite
Most of my outfit posts contain monochrome/pastel/neutral colours. Probably a bit boring for most people, and it is, but I just love those colours so much and I guess it's a 'safe' option for me. I would love to wear bright bold colours but I'm just don't know how to style them and don't think they actually suit my skin colour ;p But I'm determined to venture outside my colour comfort zone. I've actually been getting some inspiration from Van from Fashion 4 Petites who has been writing posts about bold colours and colour blocking. Here's her first post about it: Colour Blocking.

When I bought the mint dress I actually had in mind to pair it with a white cardigan or blazer. Unfortunately I don't have a white blazer/haven't found the perfect one (i.e. at a bargain price and a petite cut;)) but I knew I had this cardigan. I love the ruffles on it because it just adds a bit more to this outfit, and I think it just complements the lace detailing on the dress.
Petite Outfit Ideas: Mint Heels || Life as a Petite
Sorry for the stickers on the bottom of the shoe, I took a photo of them straight out of the box;p
How gorgeous are these shoes?! I love heels! A few months ago I read 'My Petite Story' by Poppy from Miss Everyday Elegance who stated that being a petite provides an excuse for more shoes, and I completely agree. I do have far too many shoes to be honest, esp heels...I need to find more casual shoes! 

Anyway, guess how much these heels are...£5.99! Incredible bargain right?! They are so comfy and so beautiful, and of course mint! I was actually look for mint coloured wedges because they're easier to walk in, but these shoes are just so gorgeous. I love the metallic heel it just makes them a bit more interesting. Unfortunately these shoes are out of stock at the moment, and I can't find any similar:/ But here are a few in blue: Light Blue // Teal // Bright Blue. I'm actually not sure where the shoes are actually from, as the soles say 'Timeless' but the box stated 'ShuBox'. I actually had a look on Shubox and saw some mint shoes (HERE) but they were for £30...
Petite Outfit Ideas: Mint Heels + Mint Necklace || Life as a Petite
I'm not really an accessories person. I wish I was because there are so many amazing pieces and definitely do jazz up any outfit. Day to day I only wear the very first necklace J bought me, a bobble (a must for me!) and a bracelet my sister made me when we were much younger). I hardly ever take these off, especially the bracelet (you can see it in quite a few, if not all of my outfit posts:p) and if I did I would always put them back on when I get home.

But since buying the triangle tiered necklace (HERE) last year, I've been venturing into the world of statement necklaces. As I loved mint so much I wanted to find a minty embellished one. And I found the one pictured for £3.81! Although it did amount to £5.80 including the delivery cost, I thought it was still quite a good price since other similar necklaces could cost over £10... It's just so beautiful and I love it so much :)

***
Cardigan: Old
Mint Heels: Amazon // HERE (Out of Stock at the moment)
Necklace: Amazon // HERE 
Dress: H&M // HERE
***
Now this piece of music below is absolutely stunning, it's one of my favourite instrumental pieces. I'd actually completely forgotten about it until it came up on my playlist. The excitement builds up at 2.20 but then my favourite part starts at 2.50. If you have a little bit of time, close your eyes and just have this on loud. It's just so filled with emotion...maybe I'm just weird haha but I really like it and hope you do too! 





Thank you so much for such lovely comments on my last outfit post (HERE), I really appreciate it! 
I hope you enjoyed this mint filled post and would love to hear any bargains you've picked up recently! Also where do you normally buy/recommend buying casual shoes? 

I hope you all enjoy the rest of your week :) Take care and speak soon! 
I've linked this post with Debonita from Elegantly Fashionable HERE.

Would love if you followed me on these:
     

98 comments:

  1. Love the shoes and necklace. They are fab xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Debonita, i'm glass you liked it :) xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous outfit TT. The heels are amazing. What a steal ;-) I love everything about the outfit, the necklace is so pretty. Perfect styled honey.
    kisses
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Lenya! I was actually really surprised when i found them on the website esp for that price! And was more surprised at the quality as well :) Thanks again! Have a great day x

      Delete
  3. omg omg omg OMG! I LOVE YOUR HEELS!!! necklace and dress like OMG! haha i could comment in caps only to show the OMGNESS haha. love it!!I It's too cute!! love your style! thanks for the lvoely comment on my recent post. you adoring decoration made realize how much I love decoration and made me wanted to show my studio. !! I want to show u my fairy lights and how I had it hanging on the backboard of my bed. you'd love it!!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know how you feel with the caps, it's basically what i want to do when i see your blog ;p You're very welcome :) Thank you for showing me the fairy lights as well, I'm browsing for fairy lights at the moment...:p xxx

      Delete
  4. Sometimes I like to play it safe too. Neutrals, monochromatics, etc. are what I live in about 90% of the time. I have occasional days where I like to play with more colors. This looks really wonderful on you and as another commentator said, I adore your heels.
    Bright and Shiny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It doesnt help that a lot of clothes in shops esp at the moment are pastel colours ;p Thank you so much for passing by :) x

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Aww thank you maggie for such a kind comment and for passing by my blog again, i really appreciate it :) x

      Delete
  6. [ Chuckles ] You really know how to find great bargains.

    I totally LOVE the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I have an eye for bargains, or shall i say i have to find bargains hahaa ;p Thanks for passing by again :)

      Delete
  7. I do love that necklace! I love a bargain statement necklace! All looks beautiful when put together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Becky, it means a lot :) x

      Delete
  8. Your dress is so pretty and your heels are hands down fantastic!

    http://www.thefashionstirfry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you so much! I keep wearing them around the house just to break them in;p But am so worried of ruining them too;p Thanks for passing by:D x

      Delete
  9. Noooo, I picked up this dress yestersy and then put it down... This has made me regret it so bad, what a beautiful outfit. I'll have to go back now aha!

    Good luck again with all your exams... You'll be fine!

    Elisse x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww i'd definitely recommend going back::p they have quite a bit in stock now when i went into h&m two days ago :) Thank you so much for your comment and for the wishes, fingers crossed :) x

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you! Thank you for passing by my blog again, i really appreciate it! :) x

      Delete
  11. i can't deal with that heels !!
    it's really cute. OMG!!!

    xoxo,
    Dee
    Style and Write

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for passing by my blog dee i really appreciate it! x

      Delete
  12. Really nice post. Keep it up!!
    You are having really Lovely Blog. Keep visiting my blog. I will too. Dear
    My blog new post up, click it & comment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, i really appreciate such kind words! x

      Delete
  13. really sweet sandy coloured pumps, and love the gem-crusted necklace in mint! feeling the freshness of spring all over!

    Check out my latest post on the Blog :)
    AL xx
    RASSP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anthea, i really appreciate it :) Mint definitely is perfect for spring :) x

      Delete
  14. That's a beautiful piece of music!
    www.writteninblackwhite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty isn't it, i can't stop listening to it again, it's too mesmerising ;p thanks for passing by Beth :) x

      Delete
  15. Pretty outfit! Thanks for the visit. Do you want to follow each other? Let me know.
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous look! I adore this dress and the necklace! :))

    Kisses, Kali
    http://kalisinspirationboard.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such another sweet comment kalina, I'm glad you liked it :) x

      Delete
  17. What a lovely summer outfit, you have proved you don't have to spend loads of money to achieve a great look! I am having real trouble atm finding summer shoes that give us petite girls that bit of lift, but I do pop into M&S every now and then ,as I have found some great summer sandals in the past, plus they do 1/2 sizes:D GOOD LUCK IN YOUR EXAMS:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a sweet comment poppy, it means so much and i really appreciate it! I didn't realise M&S did half sizes actually! thank you so much i need it ;p x

      Delete
  18. Love white with silver!!

    www.shineonsilver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is GORGEOUS!!! Love everything and those shoes - oh my!! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much layla! those shoes really are gorgeous aren't they! I still can't believe i got them for the price i did, crazy;p thanks for passing by:D x

      Delete
  20. I love the ruffle styling on the cardigan. Very elegant. But I can't get on with heels. I too am petite, so love the extra height, but I just hate the feel of stilettoes on my feet :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! yeah stilettos can kill! I always have a pair of flats in my bag if i ever wear them hehe :p x

      Delete
  21. Pastel hues look divine in spring. Perfect choices!

    You have a new follower! I would be more than happy to see you in my list as well.

    xoxo,
    Froso
    Style Nirvana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your sweet comment! I really appreciate your comment and also for the follow! Im following back now, love your style so much :) x

      Delete
  22. Such a cute dress! Love the colors of the mint heels!
    Really awesome blog lovely! :)

    I would really appreciate if you'll check out my blog too! <3
    Link: www.vngelhvze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww that's extremely sweet of you to say, thank you! Just passed by, love your style! :) x

      Delete
  23. Beautiful outfit, love the shoes :) x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you so much Benish, that's so sweet of you to say! Thank you for following me :) I'm following you now and look forward to more posts :) x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oooh the white heels are gorgeous! I love the dress too and the pastel colours are perfect for this season! <3
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.com 

    ReplyDelete
  26. Très jooolie <3 coup d coeur pour tes heels <3

    ReplyDelete
  27. Woww...the cardigan and the dress are beyond lovely, and the heels are gorgeous!! You have a great blog! I'd love if you checked out my blog, and if you like it, can we follow each other on “GFC” (blog followers), “Google+”, and bloglovin? I promise I’ll follow you back <3

    x♥x♥

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment and for following! I'm following you back now on ”GFC” (#30), ”Google+” and ”bloglovin (#129)”
      Keep in touch sweetie! Hope you have a happy day ahead and a fabulous week<3

      x♥x♥

      "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"




      Delete
    2. Thank you so much again for dropping by again, and for following me! i really appreciate it :D Definitely! Have a great week and look forward to more posts :) x

      Delete
  28. omg, the necklace and pumps are just beyond beautiful
    nice blog btw!

    VIsit mine?
    goldentrassh.blogspot.com
    goldentrassh.blogspot.com
    goldentrassh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for passing by my blog! I had a look at your blog and you've got fab style :) x

      Delete
  29. wow. that outfit looks really fabulous!

    xoxo. T.
    http://xrubylixious.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  30. love the necklace! so pretty!
    I also love how you share the great deals you got on these items! It's refreshing to see a style blogger not bragging about everything being designer!

    xoxo
    Alexis

    http://thosethreads.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much alexis, that's so sweet of you :) I'm not a massive designer person plus I'm too much of a bargain lover to really want to pay for a little horse etc ;p x

      Delete
  31. I am more of a bold color kind of person but pastels are cute and I do wear them once in a while. I love the dress and the necklace in this outfit. And wow those heels are high.

    http://coffeehan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love bold colours but they just dont suit me, which is quite sad:( i'll just have to use your blog as inspiration :) Thank you for passing by :) x

      Delete
  32. Those heels are absolutely gorgeous! Just followed! =) xx

    itsksquared.blogspot.com | kim&kyle

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such a lovely outfit :) I absolutely love mint clothes & accessories! x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much leanne for passing by :) x

      Delete
  34. So much love for that mint necklace! Thanks for sharing with us the links too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe we both love statement necklaces :P you're very welcome and thank you for passing by my blog!x

      Delete
  35. Love ur blog !! Following you now. Hope you ca follow me back!!

    http://ithinkiloveittoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. thank you for passing by emily! for some reason your GFC link won't open:/ i'll try again later though :) x

    ReplyDelete
  37. wow what a deal!! cute outfit(:
    just followed you, feel free to follow back if you'd like!

    xx shirley
    http://classifiedcloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much shirley again, i really appreciate it! x

      Delete
  38. Lovely heels! Very pretty color!

    xx,
    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe they are aren't they, thank you for passing by :) x

      Delete
  39. The dress is stunning, I love the crochet detailing on the waist. Neutrals are good too, its so easy to style and it always on trend. My suggestion for Color-blocking is to look at the colour wheel, contrasting colours or colours opposite each other will look great together.

    http://princessaudu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah! Thank you for the suggestion, I'm going to give it a try :) Thanks for passing by, i really appreciate it :) x

      Delete
  40. thank you so much for your kind words again for passing by and for following me!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh my god! i super love love lovee the shoesssss! it could be paired with any color! and the necklace too caught my eye! that's my fave color! love it


    yanibonifacio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true! I just really like neutral/pastel colours because they really are so easy to stye and do go with everything! haha yeah, the price caught my eye too :p x

      Delete
  42. Absolutely love your shoes. really

    marliafransiska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe they are gorgeous aren't they, especially so at the amazing price :p x

      Delete
  43. Cute outfit!! I'm somehow petite as well haha! yay for embracing our cute size ♥ Just followed your blog!!

    ♥ Erika from STYLE AND SUNDRY (http://e-rosales.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love your outfit! Those shoes looks so nice for such an amazing price! A nice statement necklace is a great way to jazz up any outfit :)
    Natalie♥
    Yours Truly, NY


    ReplyDelete
  45. Hi, Tiny:

    This look is lovely. I wear heels a lot too. I like that they add the inches to my height that I don't have because of my small stature. I too have way more dressy heels than casual shoes so I won't be much help there. Wonderful post. I am glad I was able to catch up on what you have been up to. Have a great weekend.

    Sharon
    http://www.afashioncrowd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Loving that dress! It''s so cute, the shoes are a bit *too* high for me! I wore some great heels at my best friends wedding and realised my days of wearing beautiful stilettos were over! Beautifull music. X

    ReplyDelete
  47. The dress is stunning! I need to see if it's still in stock! x

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi! Your dress is really nice! And I love the colour! :)
    Have a nice day!


    www.luciagallegoblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for passing by, I really appreciate it! Have a lovely day :D Feel free to email me on lifeasapetite@outlook.com ☺

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...