Monday 31 March 2014

Petite Outfit Idea #3 Monochrome Illusions (Business/Work)

Boo!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and all the mothers were spoilt and were shown how much we love them :)

Today I have a more business/work outfit. As a petite I find it really really hard to find work clothes that fit well, but also without looking as if I am wearing my mum's clothes... 
Petite Outfit Ideas: Business/Work Outfit || Life as a Petite

Petite Outfit Ideas: Business/Work Outfit || Life as a Petite
Again I'll have more photos of the items below and also links for where the items were purchased :)



Petite Outfit Ideas: Business/Work Outfit || Life as a Petite
This is actually my second work dress, which J kindly bought me. I absolutely love work dresses, they just look so sophisticated. If anyone watches Suits, my dream work wardrobe is that of Rachael Zane (Meghan Markle) and Donna Paulsen (Sarah Rafferty).

We actually managed to get this dress at a reduced price from £25 to £15 - always up for a bargain:p  I like how the dress has black symmetrical panels down the side to give the illusion of a slimmer body. I'm wearing a size 4 from the petite range, and it fits so well! Although I'm not sure whether this dress is a little on the low cut side... 

Unfortunately I bought this a while back so Dorothy Perkins no longer have this in stock, but they have other really cute work dresses, esp in petite size which I definitely recommend checking out:)
(They have a lot of other dresses HERE or HERE for petite work wear)


Petite Outfit Ideas: Accessorize Hand Bag || Life as a Petite
Isn't this bag just gorgeous? I actually have Holly from Stylapetite to thank as I saw it in one of her outfit posts. I think this bag is perfect for work or even school - it has a lot of room and compartments. I especially love the zipped sides. The one thing I am worried about is it getting dirty quite easily.

The bag costed quite a bit more than I would like. I managed to get it for £33 but I think it is quite steep, especially for the material it is. You won't see my buying anymore bags for a long time haha:p But overall I really do like this bag. 
I actually blogged about these shoes a while back (HERE). They're from Primark and were £12 I think. You'd never have guessed right? They're just soo nice!

 I've seen a lot of petites wearing pointed shoes and I'm not sure whether it is because it gives the illusion of elongated legs, but whatever it is I'm really into these kind of shoes.

Bag: Accessorize | HERE
Shoes: Primark

Here are a few petite ladies I definitely recommend checking out:
Holly from www.stylapetite.com

I hope you enjoyed this post:) I would love to hear tips and tricks you use to make yourself look taller or less like you've ransacked your mum's wardrobe:p :)

Have a great week! Take care and speak soon :)

61 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow! What an amazing figure you have - you look positively amazing! Those Primark heels are absolutely to die for - I'd have never have guessed they were from there! How do you style up midi length dresses? I find being small but curvy, I tend to look really dumpy, but I much prefer longer styles! www.scottishbitches.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww Laura, you're incredibly sweet and far too kind! Primark are doing really amazing things now, and I think their quality is improving too :) I tend to wear heels, I think either nude ones or pointy ones elongate us and making us look less mumsy or even smaller. Also if the dress isn't cinched in at the waist a belt helps a lot :) And also a nice necklace, not like a massive statement one but one that'll detract attention from our little legs :p xx

      Delete
  2. This pair of shoes is incredible! When I saw they were from Primark I was like seriously? NO WAY! :) Adorable outfit sweetie!
    Love,
    A
    letterstoa.com
     

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you very much :) The shoes are actually great quality as well for the price! Now that primark is a lot more organised (well more than before anyway haha) it's so much easier to find good items as well :) x

      Delete
  3. This outfit is so gorgeous and sophisticated, you look lovely.

    thebigmegowski.blogspot.ie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely outfit! In the future, I want to have a job which would allow me to dress like this. I like your blog, I'm a new follower :)
    http://myobsessionsdiary.blogspot.com.ar/2014/04/goodbye-march-hello-april.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, and for following as well! x

      Delete
  5. Really lovely outfit! The dress looks like it fits perfectly and love how coordinated the shoes are with the dress.

    DarlingSophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! primark really do some amazing things, it surprises me sometimes haha x

      Delete
  6. Hey dear!
    The dress is so gorgeous, love the pattern color, it enhances your body curve a lot.. And slimmer :)
    Trick to look taller? I usually wear skirt above length and heels, that's so common I guess.. Hahaha.. Haven't found any other tricks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's incredibly sweet of you to say thank you! I think you're right with those tricks - any tips are welcome as i'd love to be taller haha x

      Delete
  7. Love this outfit! Perfection!
    www.styleandbeautyforless.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you very much, its very kind of you! x

      Delete
  8. This outfit is gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely outfit, I wish I could get away with something like this at work!

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that dress! It looks absolutely gorgeous on you!
    Best,
    Kaitie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you kaitie, i really appreciate it! x

      Delete
  11. Wow, wonderful, you have a nice body and this dress fits u very well, love the accesories too!
    Keep it up!
    Follow (if u like): www.theforeignergirl.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful dress!! such a classic silhouette and i love the bag!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you kileen! your blog is amazing, pictures, outfits, everything! x

      Delete
  13. Wow this look is perfect! I used to love wearing work dresses, so much easier in the morning to just have to match shoes and accessories than running around finding a matching top or skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! Work dresses really are so much more convenient, its just finding the right ones haha :p x

      Delete
  14. Great look here! Super classy!

    Would love if you could check my blog out at www.stylecastle.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you emily! popped over to your blog and i really like it :D x

      Delete
  15. this is such a nice outfit for work! very neat monochrome dress and leather bag!

    Check out my latest lifestyle post! :)
    AL xx
    RASSP blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you anthea! your outfits are awesome, all of them! Your style is impeccable! x

      Delete
  16. Gorgeous dress!! Love the outfit ^^
    Jinna
    http://styleandcappuccino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous picks! Love the Primark shoes. They look great.

    Jasmine xx
    For a Real Woman
    So easy Spanish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you jasmine! I might look for some black ones in primark as well ;p x

      Delete
  18. Love this black and white look! Can't go wrong with this classic look.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great outfit lovely dress!

    www.littleleeli.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this dress on you and the shoes and bag look great. Great thing about dresses like that is they suit so many different body types, if you have curves they flatter, if you want curves they accentuate what you already have or create the illusion of curves :) this is the perfect dress!

    Great post & Haaappy Spring!
    Hailes<3
    Hailes Hearts Fashion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's so true, i really like dresses that have that kind of silhouette :) thank you for passing by! x

      Delete
  21. those heels go really well with that dress! :) I really like your style :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This outfit is lovely, it would be perfect for a smart event or work!

    Thanks for following, I have followed back :)

    <a href="http://beautysaveuk.blogspot.co.uk</a>beautysaveuk ♥</a>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you laura for commenting and also for following as well! I really appreciate it :) Oh btw, your link isn't showing here - it happened to me once, you have to put 'www' between // and beautysaveuk :) Hope it shows up afterwards! x

      Delete
  23. What a gorgeous dress! You look fantastic! (I love Suits a well, as you know ;P) Rachel's style is impeccably beautiful!

    Xo
    Sydney

    http://www.sydneyfactorfashion.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) It's my dream to have a stylish wardrobe like the suits cast haha :p x

      Delete
  24. love!!!
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love that dress! And great blog. Always love seeing a fellow petite in the blogging world.

    May from La Vie en May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for passing by May! x

      Delete
  26. The dress is stunning and the cut is perfect for work. I wish I could wear dresses to work but I would look far too overdone (my office is fairly casual) and I'd be absolutely frozen as we have portable heaters rather than proper radiators. I'll just have to find other places to wear work dresses.

    Raise The Waves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That gives you a good chance to dress up when you have the chance :D oh dear that's not good! thank you for passing by mel :D x

      Delete
  27. I like your dress) Great choice)

    mary-tur.ru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much mary! it's so pretty isn't it hehe :) x

      Delete
  28. Woww love the dress!!! but what really surprised me were the shoes!! awesome heels and from Primark!! :)
    Love your blog!

    http://sweetcherryblogger.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Irene! They were a real bargain find! Shame i haven't found any since though :( thank you so much for passing by, i really appreciate it! x

      Delete
  29. Wow, you look so fashionable and chic!
    You have an absolutely wonderful style. Lovely post! ✿

    Cristielle |Fairytale Princess ☾•*

    ReplyDelete
  30. This outfit is gorgeous, love everything as it's just so chic and pretty! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    P.S - thank you so much for your kind words on my blog, if one person can benefit them I'm happy so thank you!! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome :) Thank you again for passing by my blog, i really appreciate it :) x

      Delete
  31. chic finds and they'll make a really sophisticated work outfit! loving the dress a lot!

    Check out my latest post feat. NYLON SKY on the Blog :)
    AL xx
    RASSP STYLERASSP INTERIOR

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for passing by, I really appreciate it! Have a lovely day :D Feel free to email me on lifeasapetite@outlook.com ☺

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...